Thursday, November 23, 2017

November 23 - Burns Bog Nature Trail

I had the opportunity to go birding on this day as I had eye surgery the day before and was off work until the following week. The surgery went well but I was staying close to home.

There is a house near the nature trail entrance that has a good collection of bird feeders. I noticed that one of the chickadees was different looking and identified it as a Chestnut-backed. it was hard to get a good photo of it, this is the best I took.


Chestnut-backed Chickadee - Burns Bog Nature Trail, Delta BC

Here's a Black-capped for comparison.


Black-capped Chickadee - Burns Bog Nature Trail, Delta BC

I saw a Hairy Woodpecker in a tree just of the trail and took this video of it.


The last bird I saw was a Spotted Towhee.


Spotted Towhee - Burns Bog Nature Trail, Delta BC



I had enough for this day and returned home.

No comments:

Post a Comment