Sunday, December 10, 2017

December 10 Part 2 - Burnaby Mountain Scenery

After leaving Abbotsford, I stayed on the #1 highway and then exited north to visit Burnaby Mountain Conservation Area. I was hoping to see the Pine Grosbeaks that had been on the BC Rare bird alert for the last couple of weeks.

It was a gorgeous sunny fall day, so the views from the mountain were spectacular. These totems are the first thing you see when you reach the parking lot.



My first check of the Cherry trees near the parking lot revealed no birds at all, never mind Grosbeaks.

I walked up the trail that takes you higher on the mountain hoping to see some woodpeckers or creepers on large coniferous trees. But once again, there were no birds.

While up there I took a few shots looking northwest towards North Vancouver.



Once I got higher the panorama included a view towards Burnaby and downtown Vancouver.



I didn't spot the Grosbeaks on this day and returned home to North Delta.


No comments:

Post a Comment